Business for the Planet
Business for the Planet is an investment management firm that designs financial impact investments that help to end poverty. B4P has identified a segment of US institutional investors that are interested and smart enough to create both social impact and generate a financial return. This relatively new phenomenon is evidenced by growing trend in:
Examples of B4P’s activities to date include:
- Partnership with Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to create impact investments in LATAM
- Work with Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for a sovereign in the GCC to design a $50 billion 5 year facility to set up the sovereign as a financial hub for US asset owners.
- Central Bank of Bangladesh approval of USD10m and EUR10M facilities for pro poor institutions in Bangladesh
- B4P mentioned at the UN as a success story by the former President of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), H. E. Miroslav Lajčák, who has been a keen supporter of B4P for a number of years. ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development Follow-Up | General Assembly of the United Nations
- CEO/Founder personally invited to speak at the United Nations ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development Follow-up
- Personally invited by UAE Minister for International Co-operation and Development (MICAD) to present at the World Government Summit in Dubai
- Socially Responsible Investments (SRI) which is negative screening in stock selection, estimated at $3.74 trillion AUM in the US. SRI grew 22% from 2010 to 2012.
- Growth of Impact Investment currently $50 billion AUM in the US. Impact investment creates social benefit and generates a financial return. JPMorgan report estimated that impact investing would be a $1 trillion segment in a decade.
- Morgan Stanley reported that nearly “one in every eight dollars under professional management in the US, or $3.07 trillion, follows investment strategies that consider corporate responsibility and societal returns.”